The South Carolina Association of Positive Behavior Support is pleased to partner with Clemson University’s Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life. The purpose of this partnership is to provide a framework for schools to implement programs that build the social competence of students and the behavioral expertise of the adults who are working with children.
The two organization share the following beliefs:
- ·Social competence and academic achievement are critical skills to improve an individual’s quality of life.
- Evidence based research should be used to inform practice.
- Effective systems implement durable and sustainable evidence-based practices.
- Systematic proactive approaches create a positive outcome for all individuals.
- Multi-tiered systems of support meet the needs of all individuals, including those from diverse populations.
- Data driven problem solving is essential to yield positive outcomes.
Both organizations will collaborate to:
- Advocate for increase political support, visibility and funding for a multi-tiered system of support.
- Disseminate practices from the best available research to develop, implement, and sustain multi-tiered systems of support through professional development and technical assistance.
- Facilitate opportunities for networking with other organizations to advocate for the use of multi-tiered systems of support.
For more information about Clemson University's Institute on Family and Neighborhood life go to: